Section 715.07 of Florida Statutes “Vehicles or vessels parked on private property; towing” provides the regulations. The owner, lessee, their representatives, or a representative of a condominium association may tow any vehicle parked on private property subject to the following:
- You must use a commercial towing company.
- The vehicle must be stored within ten miles at a site open from 8;00 am to 6:00 pm
- The towing company shall notify the police within 30 minutes
- If the vehicle owner shows up, he may recover the vehicle upon payment of half of the tow charge.
- Unless the property is a single family residence or the vehicle owner has been personally notified, there must be a tow away sign posted at the premises.
- Improperly parked vehicles may be towed without a sign or personal notice if the vehicles restricts the normal operation of business or obstructs a private driveway
You are liable for the costs and any damage resulting from an improper tow.